Tip of the Week: Signatures Are More Than Just Your Name
Signatures are unique to the signatory. With the introduction and acceptance of electronic signatures, personalizing your signature has become more difficult. However, did you know introducing something as simple as a Gmail signature can give some credibility to your business communications?
First, let’s take a look at how to create the signature. This is a quick and easy task.
Open Gmail and in the top right, click the gear icon, click on Settings. In the “Signature” section, add your signature to the text box. At the bottom of the page, click on Save Changes.
What Your Signature Should Include:
When creating an email signature, it is important to keep it as professional as possible. Creating a professional signature isn’t as difficult as it may sound. These are the things that your signature should include:
- Name - While it might seem obvious, you’d be surprised how many email signatures don’t even include a name.
- Job Title - This lets clients know your role in the company.
- Company Name - Another obvious one - but did you know you can put your company logo in your signature?
- Telephone Number - This can include your specific extension, which makes you more accessible to your client.
- Website - Adding a link to your company websites adds function to your signature. You can also promote any offerings or show promotions with links to specific pages.
If you have any questions regarding what to include in your signature, call our IT experts at Digital Sky Solutions by dialing (250) 483-5623 today.